My name is Ethan Brooks.
I do things that involve code.
- I'm a college student, currently attending Champlain College as a third year student!
- I do a lot of personal projects, available on my GitHub.
- I'm calmbit on keybase, where you can grab my public key in case you desire to contact me privately. Alternatively, this is my public key.
- I run Arch Linux, and use vim on a regular basis.
- I'm really dedicated to FOSS and proper licensing - maybe a little too dedicated! I tend to favour the MPL 2.0, but I use MIT for small things.
- I'm available on Twitter as CalmBit - feel free to give me a follow!
- I play a lot of Dwarf Fortress, contribute to the wiki and even attempted a remake, albeit with limited success.
- I might be setting up a blog soon, but for now this is a placeholder entry.
It just so happens that I'm super passionate about mini-projects! Here are some examples:
- I used to play way too much nethack, and decided to start my own roguelike heavily inspired by it - the code for said roguelike is available here
- I'm extremely interested in the BitTorrent protocol (for legal purposes, I assure you). I'm making a headless BitTorrent client in Rust, oxidation.
- I've tried writing an NES emulator in the past - although it's on hiatus, you can see what I ended up with here.
Check out my GitHub page for some more examples!
Although I'm currently unemployed (as a full time student), I do have some work experience!
Leahy Center for Digital Investigation
- Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics, affialited with Champlain College.
- Worked as a forensic intern/research assistant for one year, followed by taking on a programming position the next.
- Network hardware refurbishing reseller
- Worked as a technican, refurbishing network switches, access points, and routers.